|Access to Dental Care:
- Borchgrevink A, Snyder A, Gehshan S. 2008. Increasing Access to Dental Care in Medicaid: Does Raising Provider Rates Work? Oakland, CA: California HealthCare Foundation
- Borchgrevink A, Snyder A, Gehshan S. 2008. The Effects of Medicaid Reimbursement Rates on Access to Dental Care. Portland, ME: National Academy for State Health Policy.
- Iritani K. 2010. Oral Health: Efforts Under Way to Improve Children's Access to Dental Services, But Sustained Attention Needed to Address Ongoing Concerns. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- Schneider D, Rossetti J, Crall J. 2007. Assuring Comprehensive Dental Services in Medicaid and Head Start Programs: Planning and Implementation Considerations. Los Angeles, CA: National Oral Health Policy Center.
|CHIPRA Dental Legislation:
|CMS and Medicaid:
- CMS Perinatal Resources
- Utilization of Dental Services Among Medicaid-Enrolled Children, 2013, Volume 3, Number 3. Ellen Bouchery, Mathmatica Policy Research.
- Form 416 and Instructions
- MSDA Template for CMS-State OHI Action Plans
- Medicaid Dental Expenditures Compared to Total Medicaid Expenditures , 2005. (Data from CMS-64 forms)
- Medicaid and SCHIP Quality Spring Teleconference:
- On April 3, 2008, the CMS Center for Medicaid & State Operations, Division of Quality, Evaluations and Health Outcomes conducted a national audio conference on pediatric oral health. There were presentations on innovative payment practices, state approaches to increasing provider participation and access to dental services, and state approaches to dental-performance and quality-improvement measures. Click here for handout materials from the conference.
- Schneider D, Hayes K, Crall J. 2005. The CMS Form-416 report: Understanding Its Use in Assessing Dental Care Utilization in Medicaid's Early Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) Service for Children . National Oral Health Policy Center.
- This technical issue brief provides an overview of Medicaid and the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) program; Medicaid-eligible children's ability to access oral health services; data on children's utilization of oral health services in Medicaid; and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Services Form-416 report, which is the most common source of such data.
- U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2004. Guide to Children's Dental Care in Medicaid . Baltimore, MD: U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2009. Town hall forum on access to dental care for Medicaid-eligible children . Baltimore, MD: U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General. 2007. Improper Payments for Medicaid Pediatric Dental Services . Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General.
- One Year Later: Medicaid's Response to Systemic Problems Revealed by the Death of Deamonte Driver . Testimony before the U.S. Congressional Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Subcommittee on Domestic Policy: Tuesday, February 14, 2008.
- Concerns Remain About Sufficiency of Data for Oversight of Children's Dental Services- Testimony Before the Subcommittee on Domestic Policy, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, House of Representatives- GAO Report # GAO-07-826T. May 2, 2007.
- Insuring Bright Futures: Improving Access to Dental Care and Providing a Healthy Start for Children . Testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Health; March 27, 2007.
- Jack M. Chapman, M.D., President, Health Access Initiative
- Christine Farrell, R.D.H., M.P.A., Medicaid Policy Specialist, Medical Services Administration, Michigan Department of Community Health
- Stephen Corbin, D.D.S., M.P.H., Senior Vice President for Constituent Services and Support, Special Olympics International
- Burton L. Edelstein, D.D.S., M.P.H., Board Chair, Children's Dental Health Project, Washington, DC, Professor of Dentistry and Health Policy, Columbia University
- Chris Koyanagi, Policy Director, Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- David M. Krol, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.A.P., Chair, Department of Pediatrics, University of Toledo College of Medicine
- Nicholas G. Mosca, D.D.S., University of Mississippi, School of Dentistry
- Kathleen Roth, D.D.S., President, American Dental Association
- Raymond C. Scheppach, Ph.D., Executive Director, National Governors Association
|Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA):
- View their website here.
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau: MCHB administers the Maternal and Child Health Block Grant to States and discretionary grants that ensure that the Nation's women, infants, children, adolescents, and their families, including fathers and children with special health care needs, have access to quality health care. HRSA Webcast:
- View Archived Webcasts
|Washington Dental Service Foundation: